Position: Venue Hospitality and Protocol Officer
Area: Marketing Department
Reports to:Protocol Manager, Local Organizing Committee, Food and Beverage and Hospitality Manager, Local Organizing Committee
Place: Host cities (Goa/Guwahati/Kochi/Kolkata/Navi Mumbai/New Delhi)
Type of Contract:Fixed Term: August-November 2017
Email application with one page resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Marketing – Venue Hospitality and Protocol Officer(Host City Name)
Application deadline: 20th June 2017
India will host the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. The FIFA Under 17 World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior FIFA world champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible formanagingthe Venue Protocol operations,Hospitality for all VIP’swith implementation of the hospitality/ protocol strategies for the tournament and to support the hospitality/protocol operations at the venue level.The position will act as the main contact for all the Protocol and Hospitality related operations at the stadium.
The Venue Protocol and Hospitality Manager must work jointly with the Protocol Manager and F&B and Hospitality Manager to implement action plans as determined.
- Managing Hospitality within the preparation work of FIFA Under 17 World Cup India 2017;
- Responsible for implementing the Protocol strategy at the venue level;
- Manage all day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards;
- Preparing reports for the management;
- Comply with health and safety regulations;
- Organizing and monitoring ticket requests by LOC team;
- Other responsibilities related to hospitality/protocol issues;
- Develop its work consistently with the values of the organization;
- Management of the Protocol Concept in the designated City;
- End to end Management of the inventory of the VIP tribune, including taking request from the different stakeholders forVIP seating, allocating spaces for them to seat, managing expectations from the different stakeholders regarding the number of tickets that can be allocated to them;
- Monitoring VIP ticket requests from different stakeholders, such as State Associations, Government, commercial affiliates, etc;
- Overseeing the protocol seating of the LOC Guests as per the existent protocol procedures at the venue;
- Receiving the requests from VIPfor tickets and any other special arrangements for attending to matches and implementing them according to the Tournament Regulations;
- Management of the expectation of different VIP stakeholders regarding the access they will be entitled to the Tournament as per all FIFA Regulations;
- Ensure the implementation of the training for all Hostesses/Staff working in the VIP Areas;
- Work in close cooperation with the Venue Ticketing Officer regarding the ticketing inventory allocated for VIPs and the procedure of printing, verification, access control etc.;
- Preparing all the guest management implementation in accordance with FIFA protocol Department;
- Work with FIFA Protocol In charge on in-stadium standards to ensure consistency is upheld particularly when it comes to Welcome Desks, Decoration, Branding and Food and Beverage display;
- Ensuring that all relevant stakeholders give all protocol requests in each of the Venues in advance;
- Prepare comprehensive debriefings and day-to-dayreports of all the Protocol/Hospitality activities for the LOC Leadership;
- End to end management of all protocol/ Hospitality related matters in each of the Special Events, including guest invitations, transportation, gifts, seating arrangements, protocol routes, etc.
- Full university education in streams such as Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management;
- At least 2-3 years working experience;
- Knowledge of the following Areas: Hospitality, Guest Management, Ticketing, Event Production, Communications, and Project Management, Strong analytical skills, experience with dealing in Government Officials/ Celebrities;
- Experience with client management;
- Familiar with managing POP materials, design elements and BTL events;
- Good relationship with peers in high stress moments;
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Advanced Level of English;
- Advanced Level of knowledge in Microsoft Office platforms such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Work Experience in sports is a plus; and
- Work Experience in start-up companies is a plus.