HEAD COACH – INDIAN NATIONAL TEAM BOYS’ U-15
Advertisement open during: should be open for 14 days
Job Category: Indian National Team technical staff (Professional), AIFF
Position: HEAD COACH
No of opening/s: 1 (One); Male
Area: India U-15 National Football Team (2003/04 Boys’)
Reports to: General Secretary; AIFF Technical Committee; AIFF Executive Committee
Team’s training base: Various locations in India
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the organisation
Salary and perks: Commensurate with qualifications and experience & AIFF norms
CV & cover letter to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 14th day from opening of advertisement
Date of joining: within a week of candidate selection
The AIFF is creating the next cycle of Indian national youth teams that will participate in AFC, FIFA, Asian Games’, Olympic Games’ campaigns and eventually serve Indian Mens’ football in the long term. The AIFF is seeking to appoint a technical team and support staff skilled at nurturing talent in the crucial stage of youth development as per the demands of International football.
The Head Coach will lead the entire squad that will include the players, the supporting technical and non-technical staff. The incumbent will be in charge of the technical and tactical development and performance of the team as per the overall strategic direction in consultation with the AIFF Technical Committee. As head coach of a youth National team, the incumbent will be expected to understand and manage the fine balance between development and performance. This position will be responsible for shaping an Indian national team and a base of players who will influence the progress of Indian football for the next decade and more.
The training schedules of the team could be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- Design, implement and conduct a holistic development programme for the squad as per the philosophy of the national team and the evolving demands of International football.
- Lead and work in concert with the team staff, that may include the team assistant coach, goalkeeping coach, fitness trainer, physio, team manager & others, keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
- Work in concert with the Scouting department to conduct scouting programmes and trials.
- Work in consultation with the Director - National Teams to design a competitions’ programme for a steady development of the team.
- Maintain detailed calendars and reports of the team’s programme and results. Present reports to the AIFF Technical Committee at regular intervals &/or when requested.
- Maintain a rapport with non-technical departments in AIFF like media, logistics, etc.
- Make efficient use of the available resources. Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
- Pass on domain-related knowledge & information to the existing junior staff members and players of the team.
- Maintain exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
- Participate in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team performance vis-à-vis the goals set in International competitions
- Graph of players’ development through data points that may be captured utilising technology
Detailed KPI to be established and reviewed in consultation with AIFF Technical Committee. To be presented to the key stakeholders, if asked for.
- At least 5 years of experience as head coach in a youth football programme.
- Holder of AFC A Licence in coaching or equivalent or having playing experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas (i.e. I League).
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category. Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage.
- Experience of having played and coached in overseas conditions e.g. against AFC opposition.
- Graduate in any discipline from a Government of India recognised institution or university.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as coach through AFC/FIFA recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to take charge of the Indian U-15 national team (Boys’) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.